Finally A CCNP!

It has been almost 2 years since I became a CCNA. I took and passed the exam May 2007 and waited for more than 1 year to begin my CCNP quest. My reason of not being able to take the exams was not having enough money to pay them. My CCNA paved a way for me to get a job in a company that encourages its employees to go for certifications and paying for them. The opportunities of being a CCNA are huge, how much more now that I got the CCNP.

Now the question is, what's next? Is everything over now I got this certification? Certainly not! I have been readings posts to find out what is the best field to study in preparation for CCIE and I found out that getting a CCDP and other professional Cisco certs are good ways to prepare for CCIE R&S. My level of excitement did not go down when I got my CCNP but I am rather excited to pursue more and learn more. The more I learn, the more I know how much I don't know. Makes sense? :)

Now as promised, I will be posting some of the labs I have tried using dynamips and practical tips to be used in the enterprise environment. Even if nobody reads this blog, this will serve as my personal reference once I forget about something. Cheers!

Comments

2 Responses to "Finally A CCNP!"

Anonymous said... June 26, 2009 at 4:53 AM

Kudos to you, what you have done is extreme and I applaud you. You have committed yourself and set realistic goals and worked hard to accomplish them You should be very proud of yourself. I am sure you are. As I was when I finally after 3 attempts completed just my CCNA then passed after 2 attempts my CCDA. Although I have 18 years in the network industry not all was on cisco routers, actually only while working in a Sprint NOC 10 years ago was I on routers. So, I studied and spent about 6K for a dual cert program with the “Training Camp” the certs included the CCENT, CCNA and CCDA. This was a tough 1 week 7 day course. And although I failed the cert test they offered so I went home (depressed) and studied and failed a second time then nailed it at the 3rd time. When it was all said and done about 9 large/grand/K invested in my personal education. And I am glad I did. It was hard but I am now driven to complete after 2 years my CCNP and CCDP. Now I am in a data center environment with all the hardware I want to play on, so my next certification goal should be a little easier then my first.
My only recommendation to you would be to gain under the NP certs the VIOP, Security and if you are bored Wireless. Personally I believe the VIOP and Security will be your biggest salary increase hitters!!!

By the way I just found your site today and am looking forward to going through its entirety and adding you to my favorites and utilizing your blogs as a reference for my networking growth. Thank you for what you are doing.

Just learned VRF, Thank you!!

Routing You!
A CCENT, CCNA, CCDA
Network Professional
Washington DC
6/25/2009

Pete said... July 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I am glad that you find this blog useful and inspiring. I didnt really care much if anyone reads this or not but I am glad you did. :) Got a few readers though and they find this blog useful as well. It would be nice if you provide me your email address and I would be glad to assist you get the CCNP. You don't need real routers though to practice. If you have a good pc at home you can try GNS3 aka Dynamips which can emulate Cisco IOS images and function like a real router. Visit www.gns3.net. Thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment

Certifications

Certifications

The Dreamer

A fun loving person who enjoys learning new things. Currently working as a Network Engineer supporting the global network of a Fortune 500 company. This blog serves as my notes for the labs I created for my CCIE journey. I can guarantee there are errors in my posts. If you spot them, please let me know.

Join my Facebook Page I WANT TO BE A CCIE

Donate to the Cause

My aim is to create materials for free and possibly a free lab. If you wish to help out, please send any amount. Thanks.

Join my Bandwagon

Blogs that I Read