Multicast Studies Loading

Its been a while since I posted something here. I have finished my BGP studies but will get back on that again after I have finished the other topics. Now I am into Multicasting and currently reading the book Developing IP Multicast Networks. The book might be a little old but the author is good at explaning what Multicast is and the other topics. I haven't even finished half of the book and yet the information it shares really helps. I have also setup VMware in my laptop and setup Ubuntu as a Guest Operating System on where I will run a multicast software to send and receive multicast traffic. Installed Wireshark for packet sniffing so I can see what's going on, on a multicast packet. I will post the instructions how I set up the lab I will be using and integrate it with Dynamips/GNS3. I am excited in this study because Multicast is one areas I have little to no experience with. I rarely encounter Multicast in the production networks in my present and previous jobs. This is one of weaknesses but the book I'm reading will greatly help me overcome this weakness.

Comments

0 Responses to "Multicast Studies Loading"

Post a Comment

Certifications

Certifications

The Dreamer

A fun loving person who enjoys learning new things. Currently working as a Network Engineer supporting the global network of a Fortune 500 company. This blog serves as my notes for the labs I created for my CCIE journey. I can guarantee there are errors in my posts. If you spot them, please let me know.

Join my Facebook Page I WANT TO BE A CCIE

Donate to the Cause

My aim is to create materials for free and possibly a free lab. If you wish to help out, please send any amount. Thanks.

Join my Bandwagon

Blogs that I Read